The Mucha Foundation is an independent, non-profit making charity. It was founded in 1992, following the death of the artist’s son, Jiri, by his wife Geraldine and their only son, John Mucha.
The core aims of the Foundation are to:
- together with Mucha Trust, to preserve and conserve the artistic estate of Alphonse Mucha
- to promote the work of Alphonse Mucha
- to promote the artistic heritage of Jiri Mucha and Geraldine Mucha
Mucha believed passionately that art was an essential benefit to humanity and that it should be seen and enjoyed by as many people as possible.
The Mucha Foundation therefore actively promotes Mucha’s work through:
- a worldwide exhibition programme
- a publications programme
- the Mucha Museum in Prague